Saturday 23 March 2013

In a Moon's Course




In a Moon's Course is my first book, about the delivery of fighters and bombers across Britain by the men and women of the Air Transport Auxiliary (ATA) in World War II .  The title is from the epitaph in St. Paul’s Cathedral, London to the 173 men and women of the ATA who died in service delivering these aircraft.

I had no plan when I chose the book title to use it as a blog theme but find that it is, in fact, generally applicable to my writing interests at present.  Not that I  am morbid about the transitory nature of life; on the contrary, I enjoy celebrating life's accomplishments - including those by others that I come across in what could be easily-forgotten documents.
The evolution of the way in which we record our lives has changed drastically; from the pen and ink or typed documents that I started with when I began work to the texts, emails and websites we have today.  And this has occurred in less than a normal lifespan.  If we do not place in this e-world  some flag  to information on the lives of people who came a generation earlier than myself, I think a lot will be lost. 

I am now working on another ebook, this time describing more fully the life of Lillian Bromiley, my godmother, who went to China as a missionary with the China Inland Mission and was interned as it transitioned to  the People's Democratic Republic.  Later she went to Malaysia during the 'Malay Emergency', the period of its transition to independence. Earlier I placed a short biography of her at http://www.bdcconline.net/en/stories/b/bromiley-lillian.php.
The same site contains two other short biographical articles I have written on the same theme.

I hope you enjoy In a Moon's Course which is now available at Smashwords, Kobo and Barnes & Noble.  It should become available at other on-line ebook distributors in due course.  If you like the book or have comments on it you can make them below or write a review at the goodreads web site at: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17704426-in-a-moon-s-course

Now an Amazon Kindle ebook also!

No comments:

Post a Comment